Complete Guide on Maternity Leave, Abortion Leave, Miscaarriage Leave to Female State AP Govt Employees. GO.152 Dated 4.5.2010. As per the Present rules, The ML can be granted to the married women employees of the AP State up to 180 days on par with the employees of Government of India subject to the condition that the same would be available up to 2 surviving children only. Maternity Leave to Female State Government Employees. Abortion Leave to AP State Govt Employees. Miscarriage Leave to State Government Employees. Maternity Leave Period Salary.
ML (henceforth ML means Maternity Leave) may be combined with leave of any other kind, but any leave applied for in continuation of the former may be granted only if the request be supported by a medical certificate. Regular Leave in continuation of ML may also be granted in case of a illness of newly born baby, subject to the female Government servant producing a medical certificate to the effect that the condition of the ailing baby warrants mother's personal attention and her presence by the baby's side is absolutely necessary (GO.2391 Finance, Dated 3-9-1960)
Maternity Leave to State Government Employees - The Complete Guide
- A regular superior and inferior female Govt. servant is entitled to Maternity leave on full pay for 180 days for maternity purposes. This may granted outside the earned leave account and not to be accounted for in earned leave account. This shall be for a period of 180 days from the date of its commencement in all cases. (SR 1 under FR 101, G.O.Ms.No.384, Fin. & Plg. (FW.FR.I) Dept., Dt.05.11.1977, GO.152 Dated 4.5.2010.)
- Maternity leave may be granted in continuation of other kinds of leave (Ruling 2 under FR 101). Hence Maternity leave may be combined with leave of any other kind, but any leave applied for in continuation of the former may be granted only if the request be supported by a medical certificate.
- Regular leave in continuation of maternity leave may also be granted in case of illness of a newly born baby, subject to the female Govt. servant producing a medical certificate to the effect that the condition of the ailing baby warrants mother’s personal attention and her presence by the baby’s side is absolutely necessary. (G.O.Ms.No.2391, Fin., Dt.03.10.1960).
- All HODs and other competent authorities may grant maternity leave to women Govt. servants under their control subject to the restrictions laid down in SR under FR 66.
Date of commencement the Maternity Leave period being regulated as follows:
- i. If it falls during the working period of the school year, 180 days may be sanctioned as maternity leave
- ii. If it falls during the vacation period 180 days leave may be granted subject to the condition that after enjoying the vacation the residuary period if any, shall be treated as maternity leave subject to a maximum of 3 months. (G.O.Ms.No.463, P&SE (H) Dept., Dt.04.05.1979).
- The maternity leave in cases of confinement shall be granted to female Govt. Servants with less than two surviving children w.e.f. 18.03.92 (G.O.Ms.No.38, Fin. & Plg. (FW.FR.I) Dept., Dt.18.03.1992). This means that maternity leave should not be granted if a Govt. servant is having two living children.
- Govt. permitted the Managing Director, AP Women’s Cooperative Finance Corporation Limited and the Director, Women Development and Child Welfare to make a special provision in the contract agreement in respect of women employees providing for 45 days maternity leave and payment of consolidated amount equal to 45 days of salary during the maternity leave period. (G.O.Rt.No.197, WDCW &DW (Estt.) Dept., dt.14.05.03).
- The competent authorities may sanction of 120 days maternity leave without remuneration to the married female Panchayat Secretaries appointed on contract basis. (G.O.Ms.No.254, PR&RD (Mdl.II) Dept., Dt.31.05.2007)
Detailed References on Maternity Leave
- Lr.No.853/FR-2/2012 Finance Dated 22.1.2013-Increment during Maternity Leave-Click Here
- GO.84 Dated 17.9.2012-Maternity Leave Sanction Powers delegated to MEOs,/High School HMs-Details--Click Here
- GO.152 Dated 4.5.2010-Maternity Leave to State Govt Women Employees up to 180 Days--Click Here
- L.Dis.No. 1941/G2/90, Dt. 11.06.1990-Maternity Leave to Women Employees who delivered a dead baby--Click Here
- Memo.2415/401 Dated 1.7.2006, G.O.Ms.No.762, dt.11-8-1976- Abortion Leave for Six Weeks--Click Here
- Rc.No.29/C3-4/2003 Dated:25-01-2003-Promotion while in Maternity Leave--Click Here
- GO.38 Dated. 18-3-1992 Maternity Leave less than Two surviving Children --Click Here
- GO.37 Dated 26-2-1969 Maternity Leave-irrespective of the No. of Children born in the 2nd confinement--Click Here
- GO.463 Dt 4.5.1979 Rule During Summer Vacation--Click Here
Important Orders in support of Abortion Leave:
- Cir.Memo.No.2415/401/FR.I/2006 Dated 1.7.2006-The Miscarriage including Abortion Leave also has to be granted by the Competent authority to the married female Govt Servants to those with less than two Surviving Children. This Leave should not exceed Six Weeks-Click Here
- GO.Ms.No.762 Dt. 11-8-1976 Abortion Leave to Female Govt Employees-Click Here
- G.O.Ms.No.254 Dated:10-11-1995-Continuation of Abortion Leave (Miscarriage Leave)-Click Here
- G.O.Ms.No.219 Dated: 25-6-1984-Abortion Leave up to Two Surviving children-Click Here
15 Days Paternity Leave on Full Pay to Male State Govt Employees15 Days Paternity Leave on Full Pay to Male State Government Employees. Paternity Leave (PL) is a kind of Leave sanctioned to Male State Government Married Employees to care for his Infant (Baby). This Paternity Leave allows and remembers the Fathers, that they also have the responsibility towards their New Born Baby. AP State Govt Employees permitted to avail the Paternity Leave since 2005, vide GO.Ms.No.231 Dated 16.9.2005. Paternity Leave either can be availed 15 days before of Delivery or with in a period of 6 Months from the date of delivery
* Cir.Memo.No. 20129-C/454/FR.1/2010 Dt. 21-7-2010 -Paternity leave clarification-either before 15 days or after with in 6 months from date of delivery
NOTES ON INCREMENTS